Thursday, September 22, 2016
Continuing to make progress on my Tula Butterfly quilt. A bit of Orange Crush added into the mix now. These are the "chunk crosses", and I also finished the floating crosses, but I don't seem to have that photo downloaded yet.
I'm really excited to see how this is going to come together, and I've been working on it almost every day this week. Incentive to get into my sewing room is great - but now I must push myself back to the long arm and finish up a couple of customer commitments for this month.
Monday, September 19, 2016
After a small blip getting started (only made one of each block), I have the first set of blocks complete.
I'm linking up at Patchwork Times (for the first time in a while) over at Design Wall Monday.
Sunday, September 18, 2016
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Apparently this is what happens when you continue to drop your seam ripper on the floor. I've always been an advocate of solid floors in a sewing room, rather than carpet. But I do suspect that this would not have happened if I had been dropping the silly thing on carpet.
Now I have to interrupt my sewing to hunt for one of the other seam rippers which I know is hiding in my sewing room.
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Look at all this prettiness! I just picked up a new project to work on. This will be a sample for a local shop, and a block of the month class.
Maybe this will be the inspiration I need to get back into my sewing room. I might have to clean up a bit first, though. I'm not sure I could find space to cut anything or right now.
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
First, my in-progress projects - these are ones that have not yet reached the quilting/binding stages, so they are the biggest stretch for finishing this quarter. I'd really like to at least get these to the "ready to quilt" stage this quarter. Of course, that doesn't count as a finish but at least it would be progress.
- Winding Ways - this is for a colour challenge, and is due at guild in May, so there is incentive to get it done.
- Blackford's Beauty - my block of the month. I should get my blocks back in April, so finishing the top & quilting it this quarter should be do-able
- Merry Mayhem New Year's Day mystery
- Star - 1/2 of the "Downtown" paper pieced quilt I've been working on
- turquoise &; brown rectangles
- turquoise & brown diamonds
- turquoise & brown baby quilt
- Building Blocks
- Easy Street - Bonnie Hunter 2012 mystery
- Brights baby quilt
- Tell it to the Stars - Judy Laquidara 2014 mystery
- One Block Wonder
- Giant Scrappy Swoon
- disappearing hour glass #3
- Baby Reflections
- Houses - 1/2 of the "Downtown" paper pieced quilt
- Reflections of the North
- 3 "Plus" quilts
And my binding projects:
- 2 disappearing hour glass quilties
- Kaffe stripes quilty
- Turquoise and brown baby quilt
Monday, July 11, 2016
A couple of hours in my sewing room, and another row of winding way blocks has made it onto the wall. Just ignore that out of place block towards the lower left corner - it spun around while being attached and is going have to be spoken to about proper placement.
Onwards we go. Once the next 2 rows are sewn, I'll have room to place the final two sections.