Monday 9 May 2011

Design Wall Monday - May 9

I don't have progress to show on my design wall this week, but I pulled some fabric choices for my next project.  I have not had placemats for my kitchen table since I moved into this house - 5 years ago.  So, I decided that it is about time.  In fact, I was inspired by this post.  I've never been sure what pattern I wanted to use for my placemats, but I think I've found it.  I hope Nancy doesn't mind if I borrow from her design.

Here are the fabrics I've pulled. I figure each placemat takes about 1/4 yard, so 4 fat quarters will make a set of 4 mats.  Not sure if I'll make all 4 sets, but I'll do at least 2.

I love these cat prints.  I've to come up with a design that lets me highlight them.  The green/pink on the right needs another fabric.  I'm not sure if this combo is going to make the cut, but I think it would look great with the stripe print as a border.



These 2 are leftovers from a couple of quilts I made.  I like the colours, but I'm not positive they'll work in my kitchen.  I'll have to bring them down and have a look.

Check out Judy's blog to see what other quilters have on their design walls today.

1 comment:

  1. I don't use placemats, but they sure do look cute!! I really like the gold pile, just looks fun. And strips would be a nice touch I think.... try one and see if it works.
    Have fun!! And hey!! why not make a set for each season?? lol!! From none to many!! Enjoy yourself!!

    ReplyDelete