Saturday 21 May 2011

Weekend plans

It's been a long week.  Lots of meetings at work, including a couple of evening events. So I've done absolutely no quilting all week.  I did get my lawn mowed today, in the hour before the rain came today.  I sent my kids off to the their father's for the weekend.  I even have leftovers in the freezer.  And it's a long weekend!  So I have a few days which could be spent in uninterrupted sewing, guilt free.  I am looking forward to it. 

Of course, there are the other projects on my list.  Finishing my pot drawers.  Running some cables so I can move my TV.  Painting my deck, and weeding my garden.  So many possibilities, so little time.  I wonder what will win out.

I'm almost 1/2 done the quilting on my latest quilt, but it's been sitting on my machine since last Sunday, waiting for me to have enough energy to get back to it.  My placemats are sadly waiting for attention.   I think I need to setup my second machine.  Then I could leave my quilting in progress and take some breaks from that work to do some piecing, without having to completely disassemble the quilting setup.

In any case, I should be able to finish both those projects this weekend, and get started on something new.  Or maybe I'll pull out a UFO and work on that.  The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment