Friday 1 July 2011

July UFO

It's the first of the month, and time for a new quilt for the UFO Challenge.  As I was completing my June project, I was thinking about which UFO might be next.  I dearly hoped that Judy would not pick my stained glass quilt.  This project is a true UFO for me - it's been in progress for over 4 years. Or, that's how long I've owned it, anyway.  I think I bought the pattern, and it sat for a year before I opened it.  When I did start the project, I made some decent progress for a while, but it's been hiding in the closet for at least 2 years now.

So today Judy drew the number for July.  #2.  Guess what quilt is #2 on my list?  I guess it's time to pull out the dragon.

Step1 - find all the bits.  I thought I'd packed it away carefully, but the bucket contains the fabric, and the completed part.  No templates.  No instructions.  And no picture.

The template turned up easily enough, right behind the bucket on the shelf.  Instructions - check.  In a pile with another UFO.  Picture -hmmm.  That was more difficult, but it did eventually reveal itself, in a drawer of non-quilting items.  I think this quilt really wanted to remain a UFO.

I don't think there is any way this quilt is getting completed this month - see how long it is?  In fact, I reduced this pattern to 1/4 of its original size before I started.  The pattern was for an 8 foot long wall hanging - which seemed a bit excessive to me.  Anyway, I think the goal for this month is to find all the pieces.  Oh, I guess I did that already :)  OK, I will aim to make progress on this - perhaps get past the halfway mark before the end of the month.  Maybe I should invest in some of that lapel stick that quilters keep raving about.

No comments:

Post a Comment