Tuesday 9 August 2011

I think I found it!

I got lots of good suggestions the other day, for getting my mojo back.  I may have found the trick that works for me, thanks to some of those posts - thank you all for sharing your mojo rejuvenation techniques.  I pulled out another project I've been mulling over for a few weeks - something easy this time.  Chose the fabric I need for it, planned the cutting, and then told myself I had to do some blue stars before I could cut any of the new fabric.

Today, I went up to the sewing room, looked at the new pile, and sat down and sewed a bunch of pieces for the stars together.  Then inspiration struck - the two quilts can be leaders/enders for each other.  So I sewed the first bit of the new quilt, and then a string of blue, so that I could extract the new bit without cutting thread on the machine.  That's my goal now - finish the new quilt one bit at a time between strings of the blue one, without ever cutting the thread between sections :)

After and hour, two more blue stars are almost put together. And step one of the new quilt is done. It doesn't look like much yet, but the continuous bias is sewn together, cut, and ready for pressing.  I'll do that tomorrow, and this one will be ready to start assembling.  It's just a little one (about 34x21" when complete), so it should go quickly even as a leader/ender project for the blue quilt.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I love your blue quilt, but like you think I would need something easy and mindless to work on at the same time.

    Glad your mojo is back...sure beats housecleaning!

    Bari

    ReplyDelete