Friday 19 August 2011

Love my Kindle

I bought myself a Kindle earlier this year, thinking how nice it would be to be able to a few books on a trip, without lugging the extra pounds with me.  I fell in love immediately, and haven't bought a paper book since (with one exception, that wasn't available in e-book format).  But until recently, it never occurred to me that I could tie my Kindle in with my quilting.

I don't think I would buy quilting books for the Kindle, at least not until there is a colour version available.  But yesterday I decided to try something new.  I was starting to read a new book, and I picked one that had text-to-speech enabled  Then I headed up to my sewing room turned on the speech, and quilted for a couple of hours.  I was reasonably happy with the speech quality - not great, and quite stilted, but certainly understandable.  And it meant that I could do my quilting and listen to my book at the same time.

It was quite a treat, and I managed to finish 10 blocks on my blue quilt, the border on the brown fibonacci spiral, and the entire book, in two days.  I even sewed two of the blue rows together.  Now I'm off to start a new book.  Reading it on my own this time - at least for now.

1 comment:

  1. Still not sure if I'm on the electronic book page yet - then again, I haven't exactly had much time for reading anything either. Sounds like you're making great use of yours. I might have to rethink my position on this!

    ReplyDelete