Wednesday 8 February 2012

New Project

I'm away from my sewing machine for a few days. But I hate the thought of not being able to do any quilting at all until the weekend.  So I did some hunting for projects I've wanted to start, and decided that this is my next project.  I've looked at cathedral window projects for a while, but never had the patience to tackle one.  However, I have 10 hours of plane rides this week, and another 8 or so next week.  So something hand-pieced and time consuming seems like a good choice.

The advantage is, it's mostly hand-piecing.  So no worry about  not having my sewing machine along on the trip. I can take this project with me to work on when I have a few mintues.  Like 5 hours sitting on a plane.  That is, assuming that they don't make me give up my sewing needle as a "dangerous weapon" when I get on the plane :)

I made a trial piece, just to be sure I had the technique figured out, and that this was indeed something I actually wanted to do.  Two hours to do this much, so at the very least I know this will pass lots of time.

I did some more on the flight - they didn't even look twice at my sewing kit.  Maybe that had something to do with the fact that I replaced scissors with nail clippers.  I'll take this along to the quilt retreat next week, and see if can get more done on those plane rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment