Sunday 19 February 2012

Retreat Day 4

I know, I know - I missed day 3.  We had so much fun, and worked so late into the night last night, that I did not get a chance to post an update.  I have lots of pictures - there were so many quilts worked on during this retreat.  I'll post a longer report once I get home.

Day 4 is a sad retreat day.  We all have to leave today.  It was so great to meet everyone, put faces to names (and screen names to names). I am so glad that Judy decided to organize this retreat, and it was fun being "the Canadian" :)  I cannot wait to do it again!

On to real business - it's stash report day.  The field trip on day 2 did some damage, 9 yards came home with me from that trip.  I did do a lot of work this week, however.

2 3/4 yards - Mexican Stars
1 1/2 yards - Monday Mystery

Totals for this week:
4 1/2 yards out
9 yards in

Orca Bay and the colour challenge were already counted, so that's all I have to show for my retreat efforts.

Total this year:
15 1/4 yards out, 40yards in
Net for 2012: 24 3/4 yards in 


Hop over to the blog of our fearless leader, Judy :) to see more stash reports.  I bet there is lots of usage to report, from the retreat folks.

3 comments:

  1. There wasn't any way you could resist buying fabric when everyone one else was doing the same. So happy you had a great retreat. Once you are home and begin a few new quilts your numbers will quickly change. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you will be retreat bound again! I'm glad your first was such a success. Your color challenge and the Orca quilts are going to wonderful. I especially like the sunset colors of your strips in the OB quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Canada" had a great representative by 'sending' you! It was great getting to know you, and look forward to keeping up with everyone and then seeing you again next year!

    ReplyDelete