One big finish for this week. I put the last stitches in the binding for Pink Posies, while watching the hockey game last night. Too bad my team lost, but hockey certainly is productive for my quilting (binding) activities.
You can see the quilting better from the back. The squares are done
with a celtic knot. And the borders are a simple braid. single lines
braided in the narrow inner border, and a celtic braid in the outer
This quilt was the one that I had so much trouble marking. I "marked" the center blocks by using a template and stitching through it. removing all the paper afterwards was a complete pain, and I never want to do it again. So, I hunted around for options. The narrow border I marked with chalk, freehand. That worked pretty well, for that portion. But I knew that I could never get the outer border even, if I tried to do that. So, I hunted around, and bought one of pretty much every marking implement my quilt store carried. Eventually I managed to find some transparencies that I could use to cut a template using an x-acto knife. That plus a pounce worked reasonably well for marking this border. I will certainly keep this process in mind for future quilts.
The second quilt I finished binding is my 4-patch posy quiltie. Only about 24" on a side, it will make a nice donation for the NICU at the children's hospital.
I'm linking up at Finish it up Friday today. Hop over to Crazy Mom's blog see what everyone else has been doing this week.