Friday 17 August 2012

Friday Knitting

My current knitting project is dose of newness for me.

1. socks - which I've only knit once before
2. toe up
3. on circular needles
4. two at a time

So far, so good.  It took a while to get into a rhythm with this, and the tangled mess of yarn almost had me throwing in the towel (or is that sock?).  But I persevered, and I'm now at a point where I can keep the yarn reasonably untangled without much effort.  And I can tell which step is next (which side of which sock am I working on) even if I put the work down mid-round.  I think this might be a successful trial.

I'm not overly fond of the shaping of the toes on these.  I'll see how it is when finished, but I think a new pattern will be required for the next pair.  My toes aren't quite that pointy :)

Drop by Judy's blog to see what everyone else has on their needles today.

3 comments:

  1. toe up socks are my next project. I have found a lot of vague instructions but also a lot of informative u tube videos. How does it work with two circular needles? Do you knit with the 2 on the right so your sock ends up on one loop or do you knit the front with the front needle and the back with the back needle? I just can't get my hear around that.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. I've only done a sample pair, but loved the toe-up two at a time using the book by Melissa Oakes-Morgan. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are looking great.

    ReplyDelete