Thursday 13 September 2012

Quilt-a-thon day 1

I didn't think I'd get to join in the quiltathon this month, until tomorrow night at the earliest.  But I had a rough week at work, and a couple of hours of quilting was just what I needed before dinner.  Good thing my son doesn't mind eating late.

I came home and got to work on my lone star again.  Almost done - I had only 2 rolls left to go when I started today.  Of course, I didn't take any pictures of the center of this quilt while I was doing it, so you'll have to wait for the big reveal for that :)  I'm on the last border now - it's going better than the first, so even in this short time I think I've improved my skills.

I had to pull out my camera to remember exactly what the last purple border looked like.  I think I still managed to get it a bit wrong (the direction of the leaves), but it should be close enough, given that the 2 borders are separated by about 80" of quilt.

Judy's linking up here quilt-a-thon over here, if you want to drop by and see what everyone else was up to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment