Monday 1 October 2012

Design Wall Monday - Oct 1

When Monday falls on the first, that means 2 posts.  One for design wall Monday, and one for the colour pallete challenge.  Check out my last post for my completed September colour challenge quilt.

I did some work on my BOM this week.  My design wall has one of them - the final block in the Bloggers Block of the Month.  Mine doesn't exactly follow the colour placement suggested.  I had a bunch of 1.5" half-square triangles from an earlier step, so I used those rather then cutting new ones all the same colour.  This makes 13 blocks - an interesting number, and we got a sneak peak at the setting this month, but the details will be out Oct 25.

My transparency quilts are continuing. This one is my own design.  I wanted to see what would happen if I criss-crossed a bunch of lines.  It was fun putting this one together.  I'm going to bind it with the 1.5" strips that I cut out, to inset the crossovers.




And finally, I'm collecting fabric for 2 new quilts.  I need a few more for each set, but here's a start on them.

I think there are a couple that need to be removed - they just don't fit in.  So these are going to stew for a while before I do anything with them.

Drop by Judy's blog for more design walls.


2 comments:

  1. love the transparency quilts great choices--Julianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the transparency quilt design! Color choices are all well placed. Lisa Miller

    ReplyDelete