Sunday 4 November 2012

Stash Report - Nov 4


As I said yesterday, it's been a busy week, with progress on a couple of quilts.  In addition to the piecing I accomplished, I finished quilting my checkerboard last night.  Now I just have to bind it - this is a big quilt - 95" square - so binding will take a while.

I quilted in two colours - dark in the dark square and cream in the light squares.  I like the end results - and as far as I can tell I managed to do this (2 passes on the long arm) without creating a pleat in the backing.

Used this week:
2 yards - borders for current quilt
3.5 yards - backing
1/2 yard - finishing UFO

Hop over to Judy's blog for more stash reports today.

5 comments:

  1. I love the bowing effect of this quilt...
    Can you share the pattern name/designer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome quilt! I love the 3-d effect. Is this a pattern and if so, what's the name of it? I feel the need to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this based on a picture I found online. I wrote the pattern myself - it will be available on my blog next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is stunning!! Love the layout. Good for you to not have any pleats on the back after 2 passes with different threads. Now comes my favorite part -- the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this your own design? I love the 3D effect! My son would love a quilt like this.

    ReplyDelete