Wednesday 10 July 2013

Alberta quilts

I'm working on some quilts for the Alberta flood victims.  I picked up a couple of sets of blocks today, and now I need to figure out how to assemble them into.

These lovely angels came with the pink border fabric.  It looks like there is enough fabric to add sashing between the blocks - I was asked for 55x55 with borders, and without sashing that would mean 10" borders on each side. So rather than that, I think I'll add a couple inches of sashing and a 5 inch border.



These blocks are from a group of 18 blocks.  I think I'm going to split the set in two, because there are 2 distinct colour families in the set.  These blocks are the first set.  The sashing fabric I received isn't working for me, so I went digging and came up with a few options.  I'm probably going to go with the top one.  I don't know if it shows, but that is a cream fabric with tiny pink/lavender dots.  I think it pulls some of the common colour out from the blocks. The grey is a close second choice.

Still need to hunt down some border fabric for this one.  It will end up about 55x55 when I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. The angels are wonderful and someone will love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete