Wednesday 21 August 2013

New Toy

When I was at a quilt show the other weekend, I saw an absolutely stunning quilt.  This photo doesn' tdo it justice - the quilting is amazing. And when someone told me that the quilter did not have a computerized machined, I was in awe.

The circles on this quilt are absolutely perfect.

I managed to chat with the quilter, and when I asked how she did it, she told me her machine came with a circle maker.  I decided right then that I had to have one.  Of course, my machine *doesn't* come with a circle maker, but I knew there had to be other options.

I found exactly what I wanted, at Loricles Quilting, and it arrived today!  The Circle Lord is going to be so much fun to play with.

I put together a really quick quiltie, just so I could try this out.  4 quick squares, and now I have 4 circle medallions.

They are easier to see from the back.  The tool makes perfect circles, spaces the medallions around a circle, and pretty much makes this whole thing fool-proof.

I think this is going to be the perfect tool for quilting a dresden plate quilt that is waiting a turn on the long arm..







No comments:

Post a Comment