Friday 13 September 2013

Mystery Quilted

I finished quilting my Border Creek Station mystery quilt this past weekend.  Now I just have to finish the binding before the show & tell Oct 4.  I really like this pattern, and am pretty happy with the way the colours worked out.  I have to give credit to the owner at my local quilt shop for that - she helped a great deal with the colour choices. 

I did an all-over pantograph on this, with a light brown thread. As I hoped, the thread blends with the colours, and stands out a bit on the background fabric.  I think it adds a bit of the interest to the sections that I found a bit bland.  And it doesn't overpower the applique sections.

The pantograph is a bit denser than I usually use, and I had a few moments of concern while I was quilting. But the quilt is still nice and soft and drapes nicely so it worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment