Monday 6 January 2014

Design Wall Monday - Jan 6

My design wall today is mostly blue. Fortunately that's not how I'm feeling, but it is the colour of the month over at the rainbow scrap challenge.  So, I put together some more anvil blocks, to go with the 6 leftovers from my New Year's Day quilt (An Oldie but a Goodied, done in reds).  I hope to end the year with another one, in a more scrappy colourway.

Then, I had to make the block for the RSC sampler - a little 6" block.  The original had 9 2" triangles, but I have a box of little triangles that finish at 1.5" - so I put 16 of those together to make a 6" block.  I really like this one, so I may do one of these every month, instead of the sampler.  We'll have to see.  I've been looking for a quilt for the triangles for some time now.

The final blue block is Judy's scrap challenge for January.  She gave us a few different ideas for colouring the block, but I think I like this one most.  It's blue just to fit in the with the RSC colour, and I haven't decided if I'll go ahead and make a bunch more this month, or hold onto it and make one in the RSC colour each month.  I do need to be careful - I could end up with 24 quilts in December, at this rate :)

Last but not least, I made the house blocks for last month's Downtown BOM.  Wow, those were a TON of work!  All those little teeny tiny brown bits under the house took forever.  And, like a fool I stopped in the middle and proceeded to mess up the next step when I came back to it.  Lesson learned - don't put down a paper-piecing project in mid piece.

Drop by Judy's blog for more design walls today.

5 comments:

  1. You have been busy, I love the blue block right in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue blocks are so pretty... I really like the one in the middle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little house blocks are really lovely! I am loving all those blues! They blend so well with each other!

    I am giving away a fat quarter bundle on my blog today! I would love for you to come over and enter! Happy New Year!

    Inspiring Creations Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in a blue phase at the moment too - but I am really liking the warmth of your house blocks. So cosy and inviting looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects start. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete