Saturday 2 August 2014

A sewing weekend

It's a long weekend here, so I decided it was time for a sewing marathon :)  I have a custom quilt to finish, and then one of my own to get quilted and bound before the end of next week, so it can go up at the local quilt store.  And I'm determined to make a dent in my stash over the next couple of months - gotta at least make up some of my recent project purchases.

I finished the backing for the blue quilt yesterday, and now it's just waiting for a turn on the long arm. That should happen in the morning.

And I started on a quilt from my "Christmas in July" purchases.  My poor old tree skirt is over 20 years old, and never was in very good shape to begin with. So I've decided to replace it with this. 

I have more green for the background (I think - still debating between that and the fabric I bought for the backing). And a stripe for the binding. And the stripe will also be a spacer between the star and background if I use the green.  Or maybe  I should hunt my stash for a different (lighter) gold for the background.  Decisions, decisions.  I'll have to figure it out tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment