Friday 3 October 2014

Fabric for a new project

I'm participating in a mystery at guild this year (again), and we received the fabric requirements the other day. Here are my selections. The instructions were to find fabrics that fill out a lakeside cottage scene.

SAND – light brown
MOUNTAINS – dark brown
WATER - bright blue
A VALLEY and TREES – multi-coloured green
SKIES – a very dark blue and a very light blue
A COTTAGE and a BOAT – rainbow violet
SUNSHINE – a yellow family fabric that brings together all the other colours
BACKGROUND - Choose a very light fabric such as white that blends with all your other choices

Here are my fabrics, stacked in the order listed above.  Note there's a light grey right above the white - not mentioned in the main fabric list, but called out elsewhere, so I've included it here.  I might swap it for something a bit more defined from the white.  I'm also not sold on my dark blue - the gold in it may not work for me, so that one is still tentative.

I think this is going to be an interesting project, and I can't wait to get started later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment