First, we have "Spectrum", a pattern from Fresh Lemons. I saw some ombre fabric in fabulous colous at the quilt shop one day, and knew I wanted to make a quilt from them. Took a while, but when I saw this pattern, it jumped right out at me. The top was finished back in November, I quilted it over the Christmas holiday, and FINALLY finished binding and attaching the sleeve & label last week.
This quilt is "Metro Lattice" from Sew Kind of Wonderful. It's made with the quick curve ruler. I love some of the neat designs you can make with that ruler. I added the dark segment for some contrast/interest, and pieced the back with all the leftover pinwheel blocks from the intial assembly.
I see now that I attached the hanging sleeve across some of the pieced section of the back. Oops, not quite what I intended, but the quilt does definitely have a top so no choice there.
This is my One-Block Wonder quilt. The fabric is "Scallops" from Kaffe Fassett - I used the leftover bits for the outer border. I wasn't sure this fabric would work for a one block wonder, but I'm pretty happy with the end result. Finally out of my UFO closet - quilted and bound, as part of a UFO challenge at my guild this year.
And one more for the UFO challenge. This one is my "Grand Illusion" - Bonnie Hunter's mystery for 2014. All quilted and bound - it really never achieved true UFO status, since it didn't end up resting for very long between steps. But it's done, and in this case I call it UFO prevention :)
The backing is a fabric that I originally bought to make another one-block wonder, but in the interests of using stash rather than buying new, I instead used it for this backing.