Tuesday 12 May 2015

A little bit of everything



In an effort to find the bottom of the pile on my sewing table, I decided to buckle down yesterday and finish a couple of things. I finished a backing for one quilt.  Nothing special - I had the main backing fabric purchased earlier, but needed to widen it a bit, so I added strips of the front fabrics to add the needed width. One more into the "to be quilted" pile.

Then, I could start playing with the rest of that leftover fabric. I took some of the corner bits from my earlier quilt, added some plain triangles, and I will come up with something from these blocks. There are 15 of them, and I'm thinking a simple pinwheel layout for now.

I found backing fabric for my one block wonder quilt, and hung it up for quilting. Now I can put all those fabric scraps away, knowing they don't have an immediate purpose. And I dug out my Chain Reaction quilt.  I think I'm just going to add a wide blue border and call this one done. That should bring it up to a donation size.

The leftover 9-patch blocks from that adventure are my next project.  A little double Irish chain is in the works now.  I don't know how much fabric I have, so I'll just play until I run out.

I'm linking up at The Needle and Thread Network of Canadian bloggers today. And also check out Freshly Pieced for more fun.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love the use of the stripes in the gray pinwheel blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your colors! I, too am a firm believer it getting it done. I really try to push myself to complete projects and not have them clogging up my quilting room. (I do keep a few projects going at once just to prevent boredom, though!)

    ReplyDelete