Monday 18 May 2015

Design Wall Monday - May 18

I started to put the binding on 3 quilts yesterday, and picked up one that just needed hand stitching while I watched a movie last night. One quilt done!  And if I keep focused I should have 4 more binding complete this week.

In the meantime, I'm pondering my plans for the Modern Guild Fabric Challenge.  I have my Riley Blake fabrics all picked out, and I think the plan is in place.  No pictures here though, until it is done and posted on the Modern Guild page.

So, with my finished tops from yesterday, and all my binding plans, there is nothing at all on my design wall today.  But I do have one finished top to show.

This purple top is about 24" square, so will likely end up as a quiltie for donation, but first it is a sample for a quilt I've been planning since March.  One day I'll clear out some other projects and get started on that one.

Drop by Judy's blog for more design walls today.

5 comments:

  1. I really love your top! The colors, the motion....lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so enthralled with your colors. I'm done with the luscious but now boring fall colors and winter colors. Bring on some summer. Congrats on making progress on binding. I don't like to do it but I do from time to time just to get some things finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that purple quilt, its hypnotic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! Love the purples you used. The quilting really makes the piecing shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what you make from the Riley Blake fabrics. I have an idea and a drawing of my plan pinned to the design wall ... and need to get started soon myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete