Saturday 31 October 2015

Mystery Time!

Bonnie Hunter is ramping up for her next mystery, and I'm jumping on-board once more. I always enjoy Bonnie's mysteries, although they are a heck of a lot of work :)

This time around, I'm stepping outside the defined parameters and picking my own colours. Always a risk with a mystery but I want to do this without buying any new fabric, which means I'm working from what is in my stash.  Today I went digging, and this is what I came up with. Some may change, but I'll contemplate this arrangement for now.






To reference back to Bonnie's colours, for anyone else who's going to quilt along with this mystery, I have teal (Bonnie's gold), purple (red), brown (black), grey (grey), and cream (neutral). Most of mine will be from a single fabric for each colour, except the neutral (there's no way I can find 5.5 yards of a single fabric in my stash) and brown (I have five 1 yard cuts, to find the 2 3/4 yards Bonnie calls for).

1 comment:

  1. I support you for choosing your own colors and keeping it simple with few fabrics. I'm not playing along this year -- so disappointed in Grand Illusion and Easy Street -- I have too many other things to work on without starting another UFO. If I find I'm disappointed, I'll jump in after the reveal.

    PS: what's happened to TBT?

    ReplyDelete