Tuesday 12 January 2016

Another finish

My second finished quilt for 2016!  This one just needed binding, so I took care of that during my binding blitz over the past few days.




The pattern is "Chain Reaction" by Jen Kingswell. There are a TON of Y-seams in this thing, and it is a really busy pattern, which isn't really my style. I had thought by using a single fabric for the triangles and hexagons that it would calm down, but I guess using a busy print in those sections kind of defeated that purpose :)  And proof that scrappy is not my thing - there is actually a plan/pattern to the placement of the green and purple 9-patch blocks.

I'll be linking up with the 2016 Finish Along when the time comes. My Q1 plans can be found here. 

1 comment:

  1. Y seams startle me a bit...kudos to you! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts

    ReplyDelete