Wednesday 30 March 2016

The great fabric hunt

Sometimes I think ahead. And then there are the times I'm so happy to finish a top that I put all the fabric away and clean up my sewing area without giving a second thought to finishing the quilt. Never mind little necessities like binding.

After a 2 hour search yesterday, in which I must have checked each fabric in my stash closet at least twice, I finally tracked down the brown fabric I used in Allietare. Now I can cut the binding and attempt to finish this lovely project off in time for the Q1 Finish-along report.

I also found the turquoise. That one turned up right away, in fact. The black and purple fabrics never made an appearance, although I am willing to believe that I used every last square inch of each of those in making the borders for this quilt.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen your stash. One could get lost in that thing! Glad to hear you found what you were looking for. Your quilt is looking amazing (as always!)

    ReplyDelete