Saturday 23 April 2016

Glorious and Free

Finished another quilt this week.  I've been telling myself to move this one up the list for a while, since it was promised to Quilts of Valour (Canada).  Quilted it a few weeks ago, and finally dug it out of the binding pile and finished it this week. Just in time for show and tell at guild on Wednesday (literally - I finished stitching the binding, threw it in the car and headed to the meeting).

The pattern was designed by Brandy Lynn Designs (Quilter on Fire), specifically for Quilts of Valour. I'm thrilled to have made one to donate.

To finish it off, I designed a pantograph of maple leaves for the quilting design.

Linking up with WIPs be Gone today. And when the time comes, I'll link with the Q2 Finish Along reports, because this quilt was on my Q2 list.
Also linking up with One Monthly Goal, as this quilt was my goal for April.

6 comments:

  1. Some soldier is going to be very lucky to receive this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous quilt - so unique - so Canada. So wonderful of you to donate it. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone, so I could come see this wonderful eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Beautiful quilt. Good job on your goal. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pattern for QOV! Your quilt looks amazing,

    Thanks for linking it up, & Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a really great design! I’m visiting on behalf of the FAL hosting team – thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete