Saturday 2 July 2016

UFO Challenge - July

I wonder how many new UFOs I've managed to create since last time I checked in with Vicki's monthly UFO challenge.  Despite not spending a lot of time in the sewing room, I'm pretty sure there are some new projects that didn't show up last time I reported.  I think my biggest problem is that nothing on the "in progress" list is inspiring me.  I need a fun project, that will keep me going back there, because my longarm is pretty much full up with customer quilts, so getting my own off the 'to be quilted' list is not happening these days.

It's time for this month's UFO roundup, so here goes.  The pictures are two of the new starts, which are ready for quilting. They'll be heading off to Victoria's Quilts in the fall, so that should ensure they get some time on the longarm over the summer.

At the beginning of April I had the following projects:
12 in progress (oops, that's a step backwards)
7 planned but not started
18 to be quilted
5 to be bound

I did manage 4 finishes, despite my lack of entry into the sewing room (year to date - 20 finishes).  And also created a few more UFOs in training.  Now I seem to have:
12 in progress
7 planned but not started
21 to be quilted
3 to be bound


The detailed list for the past 2 months, so I can keep track of where I am :)

In progress:


  1. Scrappy pineapple
  2. Row by row 2015
  3. Edge of 17 shop hop quilt
  4. Kaffe stripes
  5. Patchwork Year 
  6. Gardener's Alphabet
  7. Merry Mayhem
  8. Stars 
  9. WindingWays
  10. Blackford's Beauty (Block Party)
  11. baby giraffe (mini Giraffe Abstractions)
  12. dashes (Block of the Month win)

Planned (fabric bought and/or collected)
  1. recipe wall hanging
  2. drunkards path variation
  3. Christmas wreath
  4. Christmas reindeer
  5. two cityscapes/panels
  6. ombre flying geese (leftovers from Spectrum) 
  7. Jeans quilt
to be quilted
  1. Building Blocks - 2012
  2. Easy Street - Bonnie Hunter 2012 mystery
  3. Turquoise Trails - 2013
  4. Labyrinth - 2013
  5. Rainbow Explosion - 2014
  6. Brights baby quilt - April 2014
  7. Tell it to the Stars - Judy Laquidara 2014 mystery
  8. Block of the Week
  9. turquoise &; brown rectangles
  10. turquoise & brown diamonds 
  11. One Block Wonder #2
  12. Border Creek Station mystery (started Oct 2014)
  13. one-fabric quilt
  14. baby reflections 
  15. giant scrappy swoon
  16. Disappearing hour glass #3 
  17. 2.5" plus quilt
  18. 5" plus quilt
  19. Modern plus quilt
  20. Houses
  21. Reflections of the North

to be bound
  1. turquoise & brown baby quilt
  2. 2 disappearing hour glass quilties
  3. Kaffe stripes quilty
Finished since last report
  1. Ascension 
  2. Allietare - Bonnie Hunter 2015
  3. Missouri Star drunkard's path
  4. Glorious and Free
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your plus quilt. So interesting yet so simple! Good luck with your foals

    ReplyDelete