Wednesday 8 February 2017

I'm back! (I hope)

It's been a while since I blogged regularly.  I think mostly because I didn't do a lot of quilting for myself in the second half of last year.  I'm hoping to get back to a more regular schedule around here, now that the holidays are over. I have once again set myself a goal of quilting for myself on weekends, and restricting my business quilting to weekdays only.  We'll see how that goes.  First step in making that possible was to invest in zipper leaders for my longarm. This gives me the abilty to easily remove a quilt from the frame, and load something else. So now, when I am working on a big, complicated custom quilt, I can take a break from it and do something quick and easy for myself.

My first trial of that came this week - after 3 days of custom quilting, I needed a change of pace. So zip, off came that quilt, and on went one of my brown/turquoise set which have been waiting for a couple of years to be quilted.

A nice modern pantograph of spirals complements the straight lines. This quilt was made using a strip-tube ruler and some fabric that I fell in love with but had no plan for.


All done. Now I have some binding to keep me busy in the evenings, and the custom quilt is back on the machine - zip!

3 comments:

  1. When I got my Avante I inherited Red Snappers but I can see for your purpose how much faster zippers are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt and would be interested in the making of it. I thought it was a string pieced quilt - even though all the strips are uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on setting a regular schedule for business quilting and personal quilting. It sounds like the zipper leaders will be instrumental in keeping you on track. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete