Wednesday 12 April 2017

Recipe Wall Hanging

 I was playing around with a panel I bought a few years ago. It was printed fabric, with a number of recipes on it. When I first bought the fabric, I tried out a couple of the recipes and realized that they are real - and delicious. So I decided that I wanted to make a wall hanging from it for my kitchen. A collection of recipes in fabric.  Later, another Christmas panel came out with different recipes, so I added them to the pile.

I finally cut out the recipes - the challenge was figuring out how to get each recipe with enough seam allowance, since they were set very close together in the fabric. A half-yard turned out to be just enough fabric.

Then I framed them all with red, from the same collection. The next challenge was how to set them.

Each recipe was a different size, and I wanted the frame to be the same size on all (1/2").  So I played around with layouts, and finally came up with something I liked. I didn't want the wall hanging to be too big, so my initial thought of adding some random blocks in the spaces between recipes was scrapped, and I went with a simple white fill.

A friend nicely provided a red fabric for the binding, and I think that will finish this up nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment