Wednesday 7 February 2018

February UFO

My first February finish! This is a group project. The original hexies were started by a friend of a friend, who unfortunately passed away recently. Her sewing treasures were passed on to my friend, including this unfinished top.

A group of us meet every month to do embroidery, and this top was offered up at that group. I offered to take it on, and many others wanted to help out, so we made about 12-14 additional hexie diamonds, wrapped them all with white hexies, and I put the top together.

 It is machine appliqued onto the border fabric (yes I know, I cheated, but none of us are hexie aficionados, and we did want to get it finished). I quilted it and bound it by machine (more cheating). But now the quilt is finished! A photo will be sent to the husband of the original quilter, and the finished project will be donated to a worthy cause.

Linking up over at 18 in 2018 .
And linking at Patchwork Times.  It's not officially that UFO (#1), but I got that one as far as I planned for this month, and decided to go with the APQ UFO #9 as my primary finish for this month.

1 comment: